Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026

    Chip shortage hits PCs as AI swallows the world’s memory supply

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»DR Congo and Rwanda vow to agree peace plan by 2 May
    World News

    DR Congo and Rwanda vow to agree peace plan by 2 May

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeApril 26, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    DR Congo and Rwanda vow to agree peace plan by 2 May
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo have signed an agreement to respect each other’s sovereignty and come up with a draft peace deal by 2 May.

    The deal was signed by the two countries’ foreign ministers in Washington, with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio also present at Friday’s ceremony.

    Hundreds of thousands of civilians have been displaced in recent months as Rwanda-backed M23 rebels have seized swathes of mineral-rich territory in eastern DR Congo.

    After losing territory, the government in Kinshasa turned to the US for help in exchange for access to the minerals.

    Relations have been so poor between DR Congo and Rwanda that the meeting in Washington and a promise to resolve disputes through dialogue is a sign of progress.

    The text of the agreement says both sides now expect significant investments facilitated by the US government and private sector.

    Despite the talks, fighting reportedly continued on Friday in North Kivu province.

    Earlier this week, DR Congo and the M23 group said they were committed to peace, expressing hopes that a permanent ceasefire could be reached.

    Officials in eastern DR Congo say some 7,000 people have been killed there since January.

    The decades-long conflict has intensified since the start of the year when M23 staged an unprecedented offensive, seizing Goma and Bukavu – eastern Congo’s two largest cities – and sparking fears of a wider regional war.

    DR Congo accuses Rwanda of arming the M23 and sending troops to support the rebels in the conflict.

    Despite assertions from both the UN and US, Rwanda has denied supporting the M23.



    Source link

    Post Views: 12
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Review: Mamabella

    February 16, 2026

    Bondi criticised after saying all Epstein files have been released

    February 15, 2026

    DNA recovered from glove found near Guthrie home, FBI says

    February 15, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    By Prudence MakogeFebruary 16, 2026

    Birthday girl Lara Markthaler celebrated her big day by competing in two runs in the…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026

    Chip shortage hits PCs as AI swallows the world’s memory supply

    February 16, 2026

    Review: Mamabella

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026

    Chip shortage hits PCs as AI swallows the world’s memory supply

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.