Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

    February 22, 2026

    A traveller’s guide to Southern Africa’s diamond and gem destinations

    February 22, 2026

    Trump says U.S. sending hospital ship to Greenland for people ‘not being taken care ‌of there’

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Sunday, February 22
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Race to Dubai: Marco Penge to rival Rory McIlroy for Race to Dubai title
    Sports

    Race to Dubai: Marco Penge to rival Rory McIlroy for Race to Dubai title

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeNovember 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Race to Dubai: Marco Penge to rival Rory McIlroy for Race to Dubai title
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    English golfer Marco Penge says he is “in disbelief” as he prepares to tee off the DP World Tour’s penultimate tournament with a chance of winning the Race to Dubai.

    The 27-year-old, who has emerged as British golf’s hottest male prospect with three wins this season, will play with Race leader Rory McIlroy for the first time when he competes in this week’s Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship.

    Penge’s original goal for the season was to merely make it to the season-ending play-off events here in the Middle East. The final competition, the DP World Tour Championship is in Dubai next week.

    It is fair to say the Clitheroe pro, who credits a relatively recent diagnosis for ADHD as a factor in his success, has exceeded all expectations in 2025.

    He started the year being suspended by the DP World Tour for breaching rules by betting on multiple golf events.

    Penge did not bet on himself or tournaments he was participating in and it led to an independent disciplinary panel to find the integrity of the events which he bet on “had not been compromised”.

    He received a three-month ban – with one month suspended for a year.

    Penge has become McIlroy’s biggest threat to the Northern Irishman’s quest for a seventh order of merit title.

    “To finish top 50 on the rankings was my main goal at the start of the year after being suspended,” Penge told BBC Sport.

    “So I’ve probably reset my goals four or five times this year. I got in the Open after finishing third in South Africa, then winning in China. To win was always a goal.

    “Then winning multiple times in a year was another and that happened,” he added.

    His victory at the Open de Espana in late summer guaranteed a Masters debut next April and he has also earned a spot on the PGA Tour next season.

    “I still am in disbelief that I am in the position that I am,” he said. “Not from the point that I don’t think I’m good enough, just from the point of how fast it’s happened.”

    Now he is preparing to tee it up alongside Masters champion McIlroy and Ryder Cup star Tyrrell Hatton, who lies third in the Race to Dubai standings.

    “It’s going to be fun,” Penge smiled. “Rory is the best player of my generation and someone who my game is probably most similar to.

    “I’m a great driver of the ball and hit it far and have some flair, so I’m excited to compare my game with his and see where I need to be better because he is kind of the benchmark.”

    Having saved his tour card in the last counting event last year, Penge is not daunted by the opportunity to make up fewer than 500 points to overtake McIlroy while trying to hold off Hatton’s challenge for the season-long crown.

    “I look at it purely from a learning standpoint. I think that is the best way for me to be relaxed,” Penge said.

    “I think if I go out there trying to be intense and ultra-competitive with them it is only going to build pressure. I like to play down everything, that’s how I see life in general.

    “I want to take it in my stride, enjoy it and have some fun.”



    Source link

    Post Views: 50
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Genesis Invitational: Rory McIlroy six shots behind leader Jacob Bridgeman after round three

    February 22, 2026

    Zelda Botha Wins SA Race Walk Half-Marathon Title at Athletics SA Trials in Pretoria

    February 21, 2026

    Scotland snatch victory from passionate Wales

    February 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

    February 22, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 22, 2026

    The announcement by the head of Venezuela’s National Assembly comes amid US pressure following the…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    A traveller’s guide to Southern Africa’s diamond and gem destinations

    February 22, 2026

    Trump says U.S. sending hospital ship to Greenland for people ‘not being taken care ‌of there’

    February 22, 2026

    Amidah Lateef: Is There a Hostel Crisis in Nigerian Universities?

    February 22, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

    February 22, 2026

    A traveller’s guide to Southern Africa’s diamond and gem destinations

    February 22, 2026

    Trump says U.S. sending hospital ship to Greenland for people ‘not being taken care ‌of there’

    February 22, 2026
    Most Popular

    More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

    February 22, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.