Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    GB need to win all remaining games to have a chance of reaching semis after loss to Switzerland

    February 16, 2026

    Ethiopia Among Fastest-Growing Global Tourism Destinations With 15 Percent Surge in Arrivals, Says UN Tourism

    February 16, 2026

    Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Sudanese army, paramilitary fighters haven’t signed onto truce plan, Trump adviser says
    World News

    Sudanese army, paramilitary fighters haven’t signed onto truce plan, Trump adviser says

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeNovember 25, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Sudanese army, paramilitary fighters haven’t signed onto truce plan, Trump adviser says
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Text to Speech Icon

    Listen to this article

    Estimated 3 minutes

    The audio version of this article is generated by text-to-speech, a technology based on artificial intelligence.

    The United States has presented Sudan’s warring parties with a proposal for a truce but neither side has formally accepted it, U.S. envoy Massad Boulos said Tuesday, as the army accused its rivals of staging an attack despite declaring a ceasefire.

    Boulos said that while there were no objections to the content of the U.S.-proposed plan, the Sudanese army had come back with “preconditions” he described as impossible to achieve.

    The army’s rival in the war, the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), unilaterally declared a cessation of hostilities on Monday in line with U.S. wishes. But on Tuesday, the army said it had repelled an attack on a base in Babanusa, in West Kordofan state, the newest frontline in the war.

    U.S. President Donald Trump said last week he would intervene to stop the conflict between the army and the RSF, which erupted in April 2023 out of a power struggle and has triggered famine, ethnic killings and mass displacement.

    Previous efforts led by the U.S., Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates have failed to bear fruit. The group submitted a proposal to the two forces in September.

    “We have presented a strong text for a truce, but neither the SAF [army] nor RSF have formally accepted the text we put forward,” Boulos, Trump’s adviser for African and Arab affairs, said on Tuesday, indicating that the latest plan built on the September proposal.

    WATCH | Tens of thousands of people fled El Fasher amid erupting violence:

    Sudan aid groups struggle to care for thousands who fled El Fasher

    Nearly three weeks after the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces captured El Fasher a news blackout remains in place. The UN estimates 90,000 people have fled and many more are believed still trapped as aid groups struggle to get access and the United Nations appeals for funds fall short of targets they say they need for humanitarian relief.

    On Sunday, Sudanese army chief Abdel Fattah al-Burhan described the U.S.’s latest proposal as the worst he’d seen, saying it sidelined the army and granted the RSF legitimacy.

    Boulos, speaking at a news conference with Anwar Gargash, diplomatic adviser to the U.A.E. president, said Burhan’s criticisms were based on incorrect information.

    The Sudanese army has previously objected to the inclusion of the U.A.E. in peace talks, and has also said it would only accept a truce after the RSF withdraws forces from civilian areas.

    The U.A.E. has been widely accused of arming the RSF, an accusation it has denied. Gargash on Tuesday said “disingenuous claims and misinformation campaigns” would not deter his country from seeking peace.

    Gargash also said Sudan’s future could not be dictated by the Muslim Brotherhood or related groups — a reference to Islamist influence in the Sudanese army, which Burhan has denied.

    Boulos said if the U.S. moves forward with labelling the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group, affiliates in the region could be examined.

    On Monday, under international pressure after brutal attacks on civilians by his forces late last month, RSF chief Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo said his forces would enter a unilateral ceasefire immediately. It was unclear on Tuesday whether that ceasefire held.

    WATCH | RSF said it agreed to U.S. proposal earlier this month:

    Sudan’s paramilitary force agrees to U.S. humanitarian ceasefire proposal

    The war in Sudan has been raging for two and a half years, but in the last two weeks, a turning point has been reached. CBC News speaks to Nicholas Coghlan, a former Canadian diplomat in Sudan, for more on this story.

    Boulos said he welcomed the RSF’s declaration and hoped it would be upheld.

    “External financial and military support to the warring parties must stop,” he added, without referencing specific countries.

    Khalid Aleisir, a spokesperson for Sudan’s government, led by the army, said the RSF’s announcement on Monday was a “clear political manoeuvre” meant to distract from its fighters’ atrocities.

    The RSF has said that reports of atrocities have been exaggerated and anyone found to have committed abuses would be held accountable.



    Source link

    Post Views: 37
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter

    February 16, 2026

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    GB need to win all remaining games to have a chance of reaching semis after loss to Switzerland

    By Prudence MakogeFebruary 16, 2026

    Watch as Team GB’s women lose 10-6 to Switzerland to leave them on brink of…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Ethiopia Among Fastest-Growing Global Tourism Destinations With 15 Percent Surge in Arrivals, Says UN Tourism

    February 16, 2026

    Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter

    February 16, 2026

    Doja Cat set to headline Global Citizen ‘MOVE AFRIKA’ in Rwanda & South Africa | March 2026

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    GB need to win all remaining games to have a chance of reaching semis after loss to Switzerland

    February 16, 2026

    Ethiopia Among Fastest-Growing Global Tourism Destinations With 15 Percent Surge in Arrivals, Says UN Tourism

    February 16, 2026

    Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.