Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Trump says US will ‘permanently pause migration’ from ‘third world countries’
    World News

    Trump says US will ‘permanently pause migration’ from ‘third world countries’

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeNovember 28, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Trump says US will ‘permanently pause migration’ from ‘third world countries’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Reuters US President Donald Trump looks on as he participates in a call with service members of the US ArmyReuters

    Donald Trump has said he will “permanently pause migration” to the US from all “third world countries”.

    The US president wrote in a Truth Social post that the decision would “allow the US system to fully recover” from immigration policies that had eroded the “gains and living conditions” of many Americans. He did not provide details of his plan or name which countries might be affected.

    Trump’s comments come a day after an Afghan national was accused of shooting two members of the National Guard in Washington DC, one of whom has died.

    This and other announcements after the attack represent a further toughening of Trump’s stance towards immigration, which has long been one of his key issues.

    Trump previously said Wednesday’s shooting in Washington DC underlined a major national security threat and promised to take steps to remove any foreigner “from any country who does not belong here”.

    The same day, the US suspended processing all immigration requests from Afghans, saying the decision was made pending a review of “security and vetting protocols”.

    Then on Thursday, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services said it would re-examine green cards issued to individuals who immigrated to the US from 19 countries.

    When asked by the BBC which countries were on the list, the agency pointed to a June proclamation by the White House that included Afghanistan, Cuba, Haiti, Iran, Somalia and Venezuela.

    There were no further details about what the re-examination would look like.

    Watch: Trump announces death of National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom

    Trump’s latest post on Thursday night went further, pledging to “end all federal benefits and subsidies to noncitizens”.

    The president also blamed refugees for causing the “social dysfunction in America” and vowed to remove “anyone who is not a net asset” to the US.

    The flurry of announcements come after officials said that the suspect in Washington DC shooting, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, came to the US in 2021 under a programme that offered special immigration protections to Afghans who had worked with US forces in the wake of their withdrawal from Afghanistan.

    At the time, the Taliban had taken back control of Afghanistan, raising fears of retribution against those who had co-operated with the US.

    Mr Lakanwal once worked alongside the CIA in Afghanistan, the agency’s director John Ratcliffe has said.

    An official told the BBC’s US news partner CBS that Mr Lakanwal had applied for asylum in 2024 and that his application had been granted earlier this year.

    Trump described the attack as an “act of terror”.

    He had already imposed a travel ban on nationals of Afghanistan – and 11 other countries, primarily in Africa and Asia – earlier this year.

    A number of majority-Muslim countries also faced a travel ban during Trump’s first presidency.

    FBI: Suspect had relationship with ‘partner forces’ in Afghanistan

    A thin, grey banner promoting the US Politics Unspun newsletter. On the right, there is an image of North America correspondent Anthony Zurcher, wearing a blue suit and shirt and grey tie. Behind him is a visualisation of the Capitol Building on vertical red, grey and blue stripes. The banner reads: "The newsletter that cuts through the noise.”

    Follow the twists and turns of Trump’s second term with North America correspondent Anthony Zurcher’s weekly US Politics Unspun newsletter. Readers in the UK can sign up here. Those outside the UK can sign up here.



    Source link

    Post Views: 41
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026

    Obama clarifies comments on aliens being real, says he saw ‘no evidence’ they’ve made contact

    February 16, 2026

    The future of SEC enforcement authority

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    By Prudence MakogeFebruary 16, 2026

    The Springbok Women’s Sevens finished the opening tournament of HSBC SVNS 2, played in Nairobi,…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026

    The Nigerian Association of Dermatologists Launches the “Embrace Your Skin” Campaign: Get the Scoop

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.