Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Man accused of fatal shooting after release on unrelated charges because of lack of appointed lawyers
    World News

    Man accused of fatal shooting after release on unrelated charges because of lack of appointed lawyers

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeNovember 28, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Man accused of fatal shooting after release on unrelated charges because of lack of appointed lawyers
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    1. Home
    2. Daily News
    3. Man accused of fatal shooting after release…

    Public Defenders

    Man accused of fatal shooting after release on unrelated charges because of lack of appointed lawyers

    By Debra Cassens Weiss

    November 19, 2025, 11:58 am CST

    legal services words and gavel

    A Boston man has been charged with murder less than a month after unrelated charges against him were dropped because of a lack of court-appointed lawyers. (Image from Shutterstock)

    A Boston man has been charged with murder less than a month after unrelated charges against him were dropped because of a lack of court-appointed lawyers.

    The suspect, 29-year-old Javon K. Robinson of Boston, is accused of fatally stabbing a man Saturday night.

    The Boston Globe, NBC Boston and the Boston Herald have coverage.

    Prior charges against Robinson—carrying a dangerous weapon and possession of Class A drugs—were dismissed Oct. 25, the Boston Globe reports. The charges stemmed from allegations that Robinson threw a knife in a sewer after one of his acquaintances stabbed a man outside a Dunkin’ restaurant, according to NBC Boston.

    Robinson is among the defendants benefiting from the so-called Lavallee protocol, imposed by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court after court-appointed lawyers stopped accepting cases in late May to protest low pay.

    The emergency protocol requires the release of indigent defendants in custody for seven days without a lawyer and the dismissal of charges against defendants who don’t have legal representation for more than 45 days. The dismissals are without prejudice, meaning that charges can be reinstated when an attorney is appointed.

    The Suffolk County district attorney in Massachusetts sought to reinstate the prior charges against Robinson on Oct. 29, but there was no action taken, the Boston Globe reports. He previously served time in prison after his conviction on federal drug charges.

    Court-appointed lawyers were making $65 per hour, which is below the rates in neighboring states, when they stopped accepting new cases. Lawmakers approved a $20 pay raise over two years in August, but many are still declining new representations, the Boston Herald reports.

    Lawyer Michael L. Tumposky is representing Robinson in the murder case. In an email to the Boston Globe, he said his client “denies that he committed any crime and looks forward to his day in court.”

    Tumposky said the previous charges were dismissed under the protocol adopted by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

    “The parties solely responsible for the shortage of attorneys are the folks on Beacon Hill who have refused to allocate sufficient funds to pay those who fight to protect a critical and constitutionally guaranteed right, the right to a zealous defense,” Tumposky told the Boston Globe. “More defendants will be released and more cases will be dismissed until our elected officials take appropriate action to resolve this crisis.”


    Write a letter to the editor, share a story tip or update, or report an error.





    Source link

    Post Views: 36
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026

    Obama clarifies comments on aliens being real, says he saw ‘no evidence’ they’ve made contact

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 16, 2026

    New restaurants in Dubai are already stealing the spotlight in 2026We’re only a few weeks…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.