Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The future of SEC enforcement authority

    February 16, 2026

    Bright Osayi-Samuel Reflects on His Professional Journey and Nigeria’s Recent AFCON Run

    February 16, 2026

    Weir has a DNF as course takes its toll

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Israel says remains handed over by Hamas aren’t those of Gaza hostage
    World News

    Israel says remains handed over by Hamas aren’t those of Gaza hostage

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeDecember 3, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Israel says remains handed over by Hamas aren’t those of Gaza hostage
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Text to Speech Icon

    Listen to this article

    Estimated 3 minutes

    The audio version of this article is generated by text-to-speech, a technology based on artificial intelligence.

    Hamas said it would hand over a hostage body on Wednesday, after Israeli forensic services concluded that remains returned a day earlier were not from one of two final deceased hostages.

    The handover of the last two hostages’ bodies in Gaza would complete a key condition of the initial part of U.S. President Donald Trump’s plan to end the Gaza war.

    Hamas said it would hand over the body at 5 p.m. local time (10 a.m. ET).

    The armed wing of the Hamas-allied Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement, the Al-Quds Brigades, said it had conducted a search in northern Gaza, along with a team from the Red Cross.

    The group later said it found a body, but it did not say which of the two remaining deceased hostages it believed it to be.

    The two are Israeli police officer Ran Gvili and Thai national Sudthisak Rinthalak, both kidnapped during Hamas’s Oct. 7, 2023, attack on Israel that triggered two years of devastating war in Gaza.

    A boy and two men cry as they look at a body wrapped in white shroud.
    Mourners are shown at a funeral at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City on Wednesday for Palestinians who were killed in an Israeli strike a day earlier, according to medics. (Dawoud Abu Alkas/Reuters)

    The search came soon after Israel’s National Center for Forensic Medicine concluded that remains handed over by Hamas on Tuesday were not those of the final two hostages in Gaza, the office of Israel’s prime minister said.

    Israeli forces said they sent the remains they described as “findings” for forensic testing.

    “The findings brought yesterday for examination from the Gaza Strip are not linked to any of the deceased hostages,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said in a statement on Wednesday.

    Hamas had handed over remains to the Geneva-based Red Cross, which has acted as an intermediary between Gaza militant groups and Israel throughout the war.

    Israel has been releasing 15 Palestinian bodies for the remains of each hostage as part of the ceasefire agreement. The Gaza Health Ministry said the total number of remains received so far is 330.

    Meanwhile, Gaza’s main gateway is expected to open in the next few days, Israel said on Wednesday, allowing thousands of Palestinians who are in need of medical care to leave the war-ravaged enclave through Egypt.

    COGAT, the Israeli military arm that oversees humanitarian matters, said the opening of the Rafah crossing will be co-ordinated with Egypt, under the supervision of the European Union mission, similar to a mechanism employed during a previous Gaza ceasefire agreed in January 2025.

    The war in Gaza began after Hamas-led militants killed 1,200 people, most of them civilians, and seized 251 hostages, according to Israeli tallies, in an attack on southern Israel on Oct. 7, 2023.

    The Gaza Health Ministry reported over the weekend that the number of people confirmed killed in Israel’s offensive in the Gaza Strip has passed the 70,000 mark, most of them civilians.



    Source link

    Post Views: 43
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    The future of SEC enforcement authority

    February 16, 2026

    Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship

    February 16, 2026

    Dubai’s fitness scene just got a Lucky upgrade

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    The future of SEC enforcement authority

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 16, 2026

    Please note that SCOTUS Outside Opinions constitute the views of outside contributors and do not necessarily reflect…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Bright Osayi-Samuel Reflects on His Professional Journey and Nigeria’s Recent AFCON Run

    February 16, 2026

    Weir has a DNF as course takes its toll

    February 16, 2026

    5 of South Africa’s single industry towns worth visiting

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    The future of SEC enforcement authority

    February 16, 2026

    Bright Osayi-Samuel Reflects on His Professional Journey and Nigeria’s Recent AFCON Run

    February 16, 2026

    Weir has a DNF as course takes its toll

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.