Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The mysterious kidnapping of Shergar, the champion racehorse

    February 16, 2026

    Kaizer Chiefs turn attention to Betway Premiership after CAF exit

    February 16, 2026

    Western Cape Refuses To Employ Community Health Workers On A Permanent Basis

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Three-year-old girl killed in Gaza by Israeli forces, local sources say
    World News

    Three-year-old girl killed in Gaza by Israeli forces, local sources say

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeDecember 8, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Three-year-old girl killed in Gaza by Israeli forces, local sources say
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    A three-year-old girl was killed by Israeli forces in Gaza on Sunday, according to local sources inside the Palestinian territory.

    Ahed Tareq Al-Bayouk was reportedly playing near her family’s tent in Mawasi, Rafah, southern Gaza, when she was shot.

    The Israel Defense Forces said in a statement that it was “not aware of a strike” but would “conduct an additional review” as more information was provided.

    At least 136 children have been killed in Gaza since a ceasefire came into effect on 10 October, according to Amnesty International. The BBC is prevented by Israel from reporting independently from inside Gaza.

    Ahed Al-Bayouk’s death appears to have taken place on the Palestinian side of the so-called Yellow Line, behind which Israeli troops agreed to withdraw as part of the first phase of a US plan to end fighting in the region.

    Phase one also required the return of all 20 living and 28 dead hostages taken in the Hamas-led attack on southern Israel on 7 October 2023.

    All have been returned except for the remains of an Israeli police officer, Ran Gvili, 24, who is believed to have been shot and killed while trying to repel the attack in which about 1200 people were killed and 251 taken hostage.

    Since then, more than 70,000 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli military action, according to Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry.

    The World Health Organization says at least 16,500 wounded or seriously ill Palestinians are in urgent need of evacuation for lifesaving medical treatment outside Gaza.

    On Saturday, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani, the prime minister of Qatar, said the current situation was more of a “pause” than a ceasefire and his country was working with the US, Turkey and Egypt to push the plan towards phase two.

    This would involve the establishment of an interim governing authority in Gaza, the deployment of an international security force, the disarmament of Hamas, and Israel’s eventual withdrawal from the territory.

    The plan is to be overseen by a Board of Peace chaired by US President Donald Trump.

    It also sets out how redevelopment and reform might create “a credible pathway to Palestinian self-determination and statehood”.

    On Sunday, after talks in Jerusalem with the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz said the eventual creation of a Palestinian state could be the best route to “a new Middle East”.

    But standing alongside him, Netanyahu reiterated his opposition to the two-state solution.

    The “purpose of a Palestinian state,” he argued, “is to destroy the one and only Jewish state”.

    “We believe there is a path to advance a broader peace with the Arab states, and a path also to establish a workable peace with our Palestinian neighbours, but we’re not going to create a state that will be committed to our destruction,” he added.

    The Israeli and German leaders did agree that the second phase of the American plan should be advanced as soon as Mr Gvili’s remains were returned.

    Netanyahu is expected to discuss the next phase of the plan when he meets Trump in the US on 29 December.



    Source link

    Post Views: 37
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Dubai’s fitness scene just got a Lucky upgrade

    February 16, 2026

    What is the dart frog toxin allegedly used to kill Alexei Navalny?

    February 16, 2026

    ‘It was a gift’: French goalie Junca’s birthday was a memorable one despite 10-2 loss to Canadian stars

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    The mysterious kidnapping of Shergar, the champion racehorse

    By Ewang JohnsonFebruary 16, 2026

    They were directed to the isolated farmhouse of racehorse breeder Jeremy Maxwell, about 30 miles…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Kaizer Chiefs turn attention to Betway Premiership after CAF exit

    February 16, 2026

    Western Cape Refuses To Employ Community Health Workers On A Permanent Basis

    February 16, 2026

    Dubai’s fitness scene just got a Lucky upgrade

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    The mysterious kidnapping of Shergar, the champion racehorse

    February 16, 2026

    Kaizer Chiefs turn attention to Betway Premiership after CAF exit

    February 16, 2026

    Western Cape Refuses To Employ Community Health Workers On A Permanent Basis

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.