Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Griquas accept Currie Cup reality

    February 16, 2026

    Start-up king joins Paratus Rwanda

    February 16, 2026

    A guide to some of the briefs in support of ending birthright citizenship

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Kenyans found illegally working at US asylum claim centre in South Africa
    World News

    Kenyans found illegally working at US asylum claim centre in South Africa

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeDecember 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Kenyans found illegally working at US asylum claim centre in South Africa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    South Africa has accused the US of using Kenyan nationals who did not have work permits at a facility processing applications by white South Africans for refugee status.

    Seven Kenyans were arrested after intelligence reports revealed that people “had recently entered South Africa on tourist visas and had illegally taken up work” at the centre, said a statement from South Africa’s department of home affairs.

    The BBC has approached the US State Department for comment.

    While the US is trying to reduce overall levels of migration, it says that members of South Africa’s white Afrikaner community can get asylum because they face persecution – a claim South Africa’s government strongly rejects.

    The US has reduced its yearly intake of refugees from around the world from 125,000 to 7,500, but says it will prioritise Afrikaners, who are mostly descendants of Dutch and French settlers.

    South Africa says the Kenyan nationals arrested in Tuesday’s raid will now be deported and will be banned from entering the country for five years.

    They had previously been denied work visas but were found “engaging in work despite only being in possession of tourist visas, in clear violation of their conditions of entry into the country”, the statement said.

    South Africa said the raid showcased the commitment that the country shared “with the United States to combating illegal immigration and visa abuse in all its forms”, it said.

    It added that “formal diplomatic engagements” had been started with both the United States and Kenya.

    No US officials were arrested and the operation was not at a diplomatic site, it said.



    Source link

    Post Views: 28
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    A guide to some of the briefs in support of ending birthright citizenship

    February 16, 2026

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026

    Review: Mamabella

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Griquas accept Currie Cup reality

    By Prudence MakogeFebruary 16, 2026

    Griquas coach Pieter Bergh admits it still feels strange that the reigning Currie Cup champions…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Start-up king joins Paratus Rwanda

    February 16, 2026

    A guide to some of the briefs in support of ending birthright citizenship

    February 16, 2026

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Griquas accept Currie Cup reality

    February 16, 2026

    Start-up king joins Paratus Rwanda

    February 16, 2026

    A guide to some of the briefs in support of ending birthright citizenship

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Griquas accept Currie Cup reality

    February 16, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.