Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Another U.S. strike on alleged drug boat leaves 4 dead in eastern Pacific, military says
    World News

    Another U.S. strike on alleged drug boat leaves 4 dead in eastern Pacific, military says

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeDecember 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Another U.S. strike on alleged drug boat leaves 4 dead in eastern Pacific, military says
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Text to Speech Icon

    Listen to this article

    Estimated 2 minutes

    The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.

    The U.S. military said Wednesday that it attacked a boat accused of smuggling drugs in the eastern Pacific Ocean, killing four people, on the same day the House rejected efforts to limit U.S. President Donald Trump’s power to use military force against drug cartels.

    U.S. Southern Command stated in a news release, and on social media, that the vessel was operated by narco-terrorists along a known trafficking route.

    The military didn’t provide evidence behind the allegations but posted a video of a boat moving through water before there was an explosion.

    The attack brought the total number of known boat strikes to 26, in which at least 99 people have been killed, according to numbers announced by the Trump administration.

    On Dec. 17, at the direction of <a href=”https://twitter.com/SecWar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>@SecWar</a> Pete Hegseth, Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by a Designated Terrorist Organizations in international waters. Intelligence confirmed that the vessel was transiting along a known… <a href=”https://t.co/Yhu3LSOyea”>pic.twitter.com/Yhu3LSOyea</a>

    &mdash;Southcom

    Claim of ‘armed conflict’ with cartels

    Trump has justified the attacks as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs into the United States and asserted the country is engaged in an “armed conflict” with drug cartels.

    The administration is facing increasing scrutiny from lawmakers over the boat strike campaign.

    The first attack in early September involved a follow-up strike that killed two survivors clinging to the wreckage of a boat after the first hit.

    House Republicans rejected a pair of Democratic-backed resolutions Wednesday that would have forced the Trump administration to seek authorization from Congress before continuing attacks against cartels. They were the first votes in the House on Trump’s military campaign in Central and South America.

    A majority of Republicans in the Senate had previously voted against similar resolutions, and Trump would almost certainly veto them if they were to pass Congress.





    Source link

    Post Views: 30
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026

    Review: Mamabella

    February 16, 2026

    Bondi criticised after saying all Epstein files have been released

    February 15, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 16, 2026

    Home Daily News Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding… Lawsuits Senate GOP aims to…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026

    Chip shortage hits PCs as AI swallows the world’s memory supply

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026

    Markthaler celebrates 19th birthday on the slopes

    February 16, 2026

    5 nature spots perfect for a Sunday morning walk

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.