Author: Anjianjei Constantine

Democratic Alliance (DA) leader John Steenhuisen is widely expected to announce that he will no longer contest the party’s leadership race when he addresses the media on Wednesday.The DA confirmed that Steenhuisen — who also serves as Minister of Agriculture — will brief the media on what the party described as “matters of national importance and public interest”. The announcement is expected to take place in Durban, Steenhuisen’s home province.- Advertisement – Multiple senior party insiders have indicated that escalating tensions within the DA’s leadership structures have pushed Steenhuisen towards stepping aside.Internal Divisions Kicks Out Steenhuisen According to at least five…

Read More

EFF leader Julius Malema has urged white South Africans to recognise the benefits his party offers to all communities, including themselves. Speaking at a party rally in Boksburg on Sunday, Malema emphasised that the Economic Freedom Fighters aim to empower everyone in South Africa.“We must make sure that even white communities have to be spoken to because they are being made to be scared of [non-existent] threats,” he said.- Advertisement – “Actually, what we are advocating for is the freedom of white people from high walls. They cannot even enjoy their gardens because they are hiding from high walls, but…

Read More

Newly released records from the United States Department of Justice have confirmed that former South African president Jacob Zuma attended a private dinner arranged by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein during an official state visit to the United Kingdom in 2010.The documents, made public in January, form part of millions of pages of correspondence linked to Epstein and shed fresh light on his interactions with global political figures before his death.- Advertisement – Epstein Dinner Took Place During Zuma’s UK State VisitZuma travelled to the UK from March 3 to March 5 2010 on a formal state visit at the invitation…

Read More

Three former MK Party Members of Parliament have been handed a firm deadline to vacate subsidised parliamentary accommodation or risk being forcibly removed through the courts.The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure has confirmed that Garatwe Agnes Mogotsi, France Bongani Mfiki and Nomade Grace Mgwebi are no longer entitled to live in parliamentary villages after losing their seats just three months into their term.- Advertisement – Despite no longer serving in Parliament, the trio have continued occupying state-owned residences, sparking renewed scrutiny over the misuse of public resources.Former MK Party MPs Defy Rules on Parliamentary HousingThe three ex-MPs were part…

Read More

President Cyril Ramaphosa has pledged to take decisive steps against suspended police minister Senzo Mchunu, but only once the Madlanga Commission has concluded its work.Speaking this week, Ramaphosa said several senior police officials had already been flagged for urgent investigation and possible prosecution. However, Mchunu remains on paid special leave while the commission finalises its findings.- Advertisement – On the Clement Manyathela Show, presidential spokesperson Vincent Magwenya confirmed that the president would act — but not before all submissions before the commission are completed. He declined to disclose any findings, citing the need to follow due process.Explosive Claims Over Disbanded…

Read More

South Africa has formally expelled Israel’s most senior diplomat in the country, escalating already tense relations between Pretoria and Tel Aviv.The Department of International Relations and Co-operation (Dirco) has declared Ariel Seidman, Israel’s chargé d’affaires in South Africa, persona non grata, ordering him to leave the country within 72 hours for what it describes as repeated violations of diplomatic protocol.- Advertisement – Dirco Cites ‘Gross Abuse’ of Diplomatic PrivilegeAccording to Dirco, Seidman crossed several red lines during his tenure, including allegedly using official Tel Aviv government social media accounts to publicly criticise President Cyril Ramaphosa.Dirco spokesperson Chrispin Phiri said the…

Read More

Former senior crime intelligence official Tiyani Hlungwani has launched a blistering attack on former police minister Bheki Cele, branding his appointment as one of the gravest mistakes made since the dawn of democracy.Hlungwani, who previously headed finance for administrative services within crime intelligence, delivered explosive testimony before Parliament’s ad hoc committee probing corruption in South Africa’s criminal justice system. His evidence painted a picture of deep-seated factionalism, alleged abuse of power and the systematic removal of officials seen as obstacles.- Advertisement – ‘No Moral Authority’: Hlungwani Questions Bheki Cele’s Fitness to Lead SAPSWhile stressing that the president has the constitutional…

Read More

Former Road Accident Fund (RAF) board members have launched strong criticism against Transport Minister Barbara Creecy, accusing her of hostile interference during her tenure as the fund’s executive authority.Appearing before Parliament’s Standing Committee on Public Accounts (SCOPA) on Wednesday, the former chairpersons alleged that Creecy never met with the board after assuming office in June 2024, before disbanding it just over a year later in July 2025.- Advertisement – They told MPs that their working relationship with Creecy was markedly different from that of previous ministers, describing it as strained and unproductive during a critical period for the embattled fund.Allegations…

Read More

A legal battle is set to intensify over President Cyril Ramaphosa’s decision to appoint Advocate Andy Mothibi as the new head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), as senior advocate Barnabas Xulu prepares to amend court papers to challenge the move.Xulu, who previously sought to interdict the appointment of a National Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP), says his next application will compel Mothibi to respond to questions surrounding what he describes as a controversial and unlawful appointment process.- Advertisement – Mothibi, who replaces Advocate Shamila Batohi, is due to formally take up his duties on 1 February. However, Xulu insists…

Read More

The African National Congress (ANC) in Johannesburg has pushed back against allegations that its recent regional elective conference was compromised, insisting that any concerns must be raised through established party structures.The dispute follows the party’s December conference, where former regional chairperson Dada Morero lost his position to Loyiso Masuku, prompting claims of irregularities in the voting process.- Advertisement – Morero has since written to the ANC’s provincial leadership, alleging that the conference was not conducted fairly and that the outcome may have been influenced by improper practices.ANC Johannesburg Conference Integrity Under ScrutinyDuring the regional conference, accusations surfaced that money had…

Read More