Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Justices to consider constitutionality of tax foreclosure sales

    February 20, 2026

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    'Grey's Anatomy' star Eric Dane dies at 53 after ALS battle

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Friday, February 20
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Casement Park: Work on stadium to commence in late January
    Sports

    Casement Park: Work on stadium to commence in late January

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeJanuary 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Casement Park: Work on stadium to commence in late January
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Initial pre-enabling work involved a site tidy including the removal of floodlights, essential site investigations and implementing security.

    They preceded a visit by Uefa officials on 28 February, 2024 with Casement Park then still nominated as a host venue for football’s 2028 European Championships.

    However, with the UK Government confirming in September of that year they would not make up the funding shortfall to have the stadium ready by the summer 2027 deadline, Belfast was withdrawn as a host city.

    Initial plans for a 38,000 capacity stadium, expected to cost £78.5m, were passed in 2013 but quashed by judicial review the following year.

    A redesign has brought the size down to 34,500 with those plans approved in 2021, but with no significant work yet begun, planning permission is due to expire in July.

    Costs have risen significantly, with an estimate of £260m provided by the GAA last year, although hosting the European Championships would have seen that rise further in order to meet Uefa requirements.

    Currently, £170.5m is pledged for the redevelopment between the Northern Ireland Executive (£62.5m), the GAA (£15m) the UK Government (£50m) the Irish Government (£42m approx).

    In January, Northern Ireland Finance Minister John O’Dowd proposed an additional £46m in funding for the project to reflect inflation, but his draft multi-year budget has not been approved by the other executive parties.

    Ulster GAA secretary Brian McAvoy confirmed in his annual report the “principle of a phased delivery of the stadium is accepted” which would help get the project moving before planning expires and allow time for any required funding to be sourced.



    Source link

    Post Views: 76
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    Siphokazi Malinga is Intentional about Shifting the Narrative for Women’s Sport in South Africa

    February 20, 2026

    Lions young gun eager to shine

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Justices to consider constitutionality of tax foreclosure sales

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    Justices to consider constitutionality of tax foreclosure sales

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 20, 2026

    The argument next week in Pung v Isabella County asks the court to consider the…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    'Grey's Anatomy' star Eric Dane dies at 53 after ALS battle

    February 20, 2026

    Tanzania: Zanzibar Leaders Dismiss Claims of Double Taxation

    February 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Justices to consider constitutionality of tax foreclosure sales

    February 20, 2026

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    'Grey's Anatomy' star Eric Dane dies at 53 after ALS battle

    February 20, 2026
    Most Popular

    Justices to consider constitutionality of tax foreclosure sales

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.