Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    La Baia by the Beach on J1 Dubai has now closed

    February 20, 2026

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Friday, February 20
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Peter Harte-Rian O’Neill: Tyrone and Armagh stars to step away for 2026
    Sports

    Peter Harte-Rian O’Neill: Tyrone and Armagh stars to step away for 2026

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeJanuary 3, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Peter Harte-Rian O’Neill: Tyrone and Armagh stars to step away for 2026
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    Tyrone manager Malachy O’Rourke says that Peter Harte is ‘probably not going to commit’ to the Tyrone cause ahead of the 2026 season, while Rian O’Neill looks set to sit out the 2026 campaign for Armagh.

    O’Rourke was speaking after the Red Hands opened their campaign in the Dr McKenna Cup with a 2-13 to 0-17 win away at Armagh.

    Mattie Donnelly who was also a part of the 2008 All-Ireland minor winning side with Harte, contributed 1-2 on the night.

    “I think Peter, at this stage, is probably not going to be able to commit, unfortunately. Peter has given so much service to the county, he’s a brilliant role model for all the boys, he’ll be missed greatly,” O’Rourke told BBC Sport NI.

    “We’re never going to close the door on him, and I definitely don’t want to close the door on him.

    “So, if it was the case that he got a wee bit of breathing space later on in the year and he was able to come back, well, then the door will always be open for him.

    “But, at this stage, he’s not able to give the commitment. So, we’ll just have to move on in the short term without him, and we’ll see how things go.”

    With the conveyor belt of underage success coming through in Tyrone at the minute, including last year’s U20 and minor All-Ireland winning sides, the experience of the 35-year-old would be beneficial for the county.

    “Both on the field and off the field, just the way he conducts himself, the way he trains, the way he prepares for training, and everything about him is just what you want in a panel,” O’Rourke continued.

    “And it’s great. We’ve so many young lads coming through who, I suppose, in many ways, are learning to trade at this level.

    “And the more fellas like Peter that they can learn from, the better. Maybe there will be some chance that he’ll be back to us later on in the year. But, at this stage, I’m not sure that’s going to be the way it turns out.

    “But, Peter certainly owes nobody anything. He’s had a tremendous career. Even last year when he was in with us, he was brilliant to work with.”

    O’Rourke also confirmed that Darragh Canavan should be available for selection ahead of Tyrone’s National Football League opener at home to Kildare on 24 January.

    “All the boys that weren’t involved tonight were all training earlier on today, and Darragh included,” the Tyrone boss confirmed.

    “They were all out in the field. So, everybody was training. Everyone was at different stages.

    “But, no, we’d be hoping that they’ll all be back and be in contention for the start of the National League.”



    Source link

    Post Views: 38
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    Siphokazi Malinga is Intentional about Shifting the Narrative for Women’s Sport in South Africa

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    La Baia by the Beach on J1 Dubai has now closed

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    La Baia by the Beach on J1 Dubai has now closed

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 20, 2026

    La Baia Dubai may be gone, but there’s something new coming to J1 insteadDubai’s beach…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    La Baia by the Beach on J1 Dubai has now closed

    February 20, 2026

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026
    Most Popular

    La Baia by the Beach on J1 Dubai has now closed

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.