Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Family of Palestinian-American man killed in West Bank demand accountability

    February 21, 2026

    Cities across Africa best experienced at walking pace

    February 21, 2026

    Poland formally withdraws from Ottawa Convention on landmines, citing Russian threat

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Saturday, February 21
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Stormers get lock boost for ‘knockout’ duel
    Sports

    Stormers get lock boost for ‘knockout’ duel

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeApril 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Stormers get lock boost for ‘knockout’ duel
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link



    Norman Laker says JD Schickerling is back in Stormers training and up for selection, as Ruben van Heerden emphasises the importance of Saturday’s clash against Connacht.

    The Stormers, just one point outside the Vodacom URC playoff positions, this week begin a four-match stretch at Cape Town Stadium. Speaking in a teleconference on Monday, Laker provided several injury updates, including news on Schickerling – the lock hasn’t featured since injuring his shoulder against Leinster in January.

    “JD is also training fully at the moment so, so far so good,” said the defence coach, while confirming that flyhalf Manie Libbok and winger Seabelo Senatla remain unavailable. 

    “Manie’s not back yet, and Senatla was unfortunately sick this week. We first have to see what he’s like tomorrow when he comes in. He can’t train fully, he’s just sick.”

    Laker also addressed the status of forwards Adre Smith (on sabbatical in Japan) and Ben-Jason Dixon (wrist surgery): “[Smith] I think, he’s six months straight [overseas]. [Dixon] is still out for a while.”

    The Stormers return to action after a two-week break following their defeat to Ulster in Belfast. That loss dropped John Dobson’s men to 10th on the log, but they now have the advantage of home comforts to close out the regular season.

    STATE OF THE URC: Tough tours to test Bulls, Sharks

    Van Heerden, who is set to make his 50th appearance for the Stormers on Saturday, was clear about the challenge that lies ahead.

    “It’s not a time to look at personal accolades. It’s special playing 50 games for the Stormers, but by no means do I want to make it about me,” the towering lock said. “The position we’re in, much like Connacht, we are trying to fight our way into the top eight. 

    “We’re under no illusions that Connacht is going to come out firing and it’s going to be a very tough game on Saturday.

    “I think the overall feeling in the group is, we know that we are such a good team and we know exactly what we are capable of doing. We also have some perspective around games that we narrowly lost this season.”

    With the business end of the season approaching, Van Heerden acknowledged the pressure on the team to perform.

    “If things just worked out slightly differently, the log would have looked a lot differently,” he added.

    “We can’t change that now, we only have four games left so we’re looking forward to what we have now in the next four games. And we know exactly what we need to do. 

    “We need maximum points out of the next four games and we’re essentially playing knockout rugby. The desire is always there – no one wants to lose, trust me.”

    Photo: Cole Cruickshank/Gallo Images



    Source link

    Post Views: 24
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs v Stellenbosch FC: Date, Kickoff time, TV channel

    February 21, 2026

    Naledi Aphane Affirming the Power of Excellence and Female Representation in Sport

    February 20, 2026

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Family of Palestinian-American man killed in West Bank demand accountability

    February 21, 2026

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    Family of Palestinian-American man killed in West Bank demand accountability

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 21, 2026

    Nasrallah Abu Siyam was the sixth American citizen killed by Israeli settlers or soldiers in…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Cities across Africa best experienced at walking pace

    February 21, 2026

    Poland formally withdraws from Ottawa Convention on landmines, citing Russian threat

    February 21, 2026

    Wizkid in Head-to-Toe Leather and Pharrell in a Satin Bomber Just Raised the Bar for Male Style

    February 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Family of Palestinian-American man killed in West Bank demand accountability

    February 21, 2026

    Cities across Africa best experienced at walking pace

    February 21, 2026

    Poland formally withdraws from Ottawa Convention on landmines, citing Russian threat

    February 21, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Family of Palestinian-American man killed in West Bank demand accountability

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.