Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    4 places to visit that exist because of wildlife

    February 21, 2026

    Israeli strikes in eastern Lebanon kill 8 Hezbollah members, 2 others: officials

    February 21, 2026

    Maltina Unveils First-Ever Ramadan Light-Up in Kano as Part of 50th Year Activities

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Saturday, February 21
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Thor could have played for Boks
    Sports

    Thor could have played for Boks

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeNovember 28, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Thor could have played for Boks
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link



    Springbok captain Siya Kolisi says Duane Vermeulen looked ready to wield his hammer against Wales after a bruising week on the training field. SIMON BORCHARDT reports.

    With Saturday’s Test in Cardiff falling outside World Rugby’s window, the Boks are without several frontline players who had to return to their clubs.

    Naming his match 23 on Thursday, coach Rassie Erasmus revealed that the world champions were “two injuries away” from having to select Vermeulen, the former Bok No 8 and current mobi-unit coach.

    AFRICA PICKS: Bet on behemoth Boks to belt Wales in Cardiff

    On Friday, Kolisi confirmed that the 39-year-old trained at a level that left the players in no doubt he could still operate at Test intensity.

    “It’s great to have him as a coach, but it’s not so nice having to play against him in training,” Kolisi said. “He can still set a maul, still hit hard and challenge us at the breakdown. He could have played this weekend if something happened. It reminds us he can still do it.”

    The Bok skipper joked that “Thor” had been too physical in the build-up.

    “I didn’t like what I saw from Duane this week. He was trying very hard to take the players out in training!”

    MALLETT: Boks must build an innings

    Wales, ranked 11th in the world, are without 13 first-choice players who have been released to their clubs. Their best side has endured a difficult month, suffering heavy defeats to Argentina and the All Blacks before scraping past Japan.

    Despite their struggles, Kolisi dismissed any suggestion that the Boks viewed this Test as a formality.

    “We prepare for everybody the same and treat every game exactly the same. Honestly, we don’t have a good record against Wales as a squad, and we know how tough they are.”

    ALSO: Ex-Bok backs Tandy to turn Wales around

    Kolisi added that the Dragons are experiencing a down-cycle that all Test teams go through.

    “We’ve been in this position before. In 2015 a lot of senior guys retired at once, and then 2016 and 2017 were really tough. That’s what happens when you don’t change your team.

    “What’s been good for us is that we’ve chopped and changed while still wanting to win. The coach never says, ‘It’s OK if we lose.’ We want to win and build squad depth.”

    PREVIEW: Boks bid to end season on high

    The No 1-ranked Boks are targeting a perfect five-from-five finish to their tour, having claimed statement victories over France and Ireland, and beaten Les Bleus and Italy despite receiving controversial straight red cards.

    Kolisi said the squad’s ability to adapt under pressure has defined their season.

    “It’s probably the tour where we’ve had the most growth. With all the challenges – suspensions, red cards – we had to make plans.

    STICK: Boks ready for any backline curveball

    Even players stepped up. At half-time, when we had cards, guys would come to the coaches with ideas about who to swap and where.

    “The way we adjusted, listened and adapted without making excuses was big for us. We want to play with 15 men, but we won’t complain – we’ll adjust and play.”

    Photo: Franco Arland/Gallo Images



    Source link

    Post Views: 42
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    T20 World Cup: Three games to save Brendon McCullum’s job? No excuses if England fail again in Super 8s

    February 21, 2026

    Business Analyst Mbali Makhubo Builds a Content Creator Legacy in Storytelling

    February 21, 2026

    Scotland wing praises Rassie’s high-risk approach

    February 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024

    Tinubu Sacks Five Ministers, Reassigns Ten, Appoints Seven New Ones

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    4 places to visit that exist because of wildlife

    By Chukwu GodloveFebruary 21, 2026

    Some of Southern Africa’s most visited destinations exist because of their wildlife, writes Miriam Kimvangu.…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Israeli strikes in eastern Lebanon kill 8 Hezbollah members, 2 others: officials

    February 21, 2026

    Maltina Unveils First-Ever Ramadan Light-Up in Kano as Part of 50th Year Activities

    February 21, 2026

    Tech gives traffickers a devastating new weapon

    February 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    4 places to visit that exist because of wildlife

    February 21, 2026

    Israeli strikes in eastern Lebanon kill 8 Hezbollah members, 2 others: officials

    February 21, 2026

    Maltina Unveils First-Ever Ramadan Light-Up in Kano as Part of 50th Year Activities

    February 21, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.