Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Jacob Zuma Vows Court Battle To Reclaim ANC Membership — Eyes MK And ANC Merger

    February 16, 2026

    ‘It was a gift’: French goalie Junca’s birthday was a memorable one despite 10-2 loss to Canadian stars

    February 16, 2026

    39th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union Concludes in Addis Ababa

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»Ukraine accuses Russia of bombing Turkish ship in Odesa
    World News

    Ukraine accuses Russia of bombing Turkish ship in Odesa

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeDecember 12, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Ukraine accuses Russia of bombing Turkish ship in Odesa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    A large fire broke out on a Turkish car ferry anchored at the Ukrainian port city of Odesa after it was hit in a strike on Friday.

    The company that operates the Cenk T confirmed the attack occurred at 16:00 local time (14:00 GMT) shortly after it docked at the Chornomorsk port.

    Ukraine’s President Volodymr Zelensky has blamed the strike on Russia, which has not commented.

    The attack came hours after Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan told Russian President Vladimir Putin that a limited ceasefire for energy facilities and ports could be beneficial. Russia has resisted all calls for a ceasefire.

    Moscow has threatened to cut “Ukraine off from the sea” in response to Kyiv’s maritime drone attacks on Russia’s “shadow fleet” tankers thought to be used to export oil – and a main source for funding the ongoing war.

    Cenk Denizcilik, the company that owns the cargo ship that operates on the Karasu-Odesa route across the Black Sea, said on Friday that it had been carrying “essential food supplies” when it was hit shortly after anchoring at the Ukrainian port city.

    Emergency response measures were immediately activated with the vessel’s crew, port fire brigade and assisting tugboats after a fire broke out on the forward section of the ship, the company’s statement added.

    “At this stage, there are no reports of casualties or injuries among the crew,” it said.

    Video footage of the attack’s aftermath, which was shared on Zelensky’s Telegram account, shows crews attempting to extinguish a large blaze on the vessel.

    While condemning a series of missile attacks that Russia had carried out on the Odesa region the night before, the Ukrainian leader blamed Moscow for targeting the civilian Turkish ship, saying it “could not have any military meaning”.

    Turkey’s foreign ministry said an agreement should be reached that would guarantee “the security of shipping and suspending attacks against energy and port infrastructure in order to prevent escalation in the Black Sea”.

    “We once again underline the importance of urgently ending the war between Russia and Ukraine,” the ministry said.

    Turkey has sought to maintain relations with the two warring countries since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine began in February 2022.

    It also controls the Bosphorus Strait, which is a key passage for transporting Ukrainian grain and Russian oil out to the Mediterranean.



    Source link

    Post Views: 55
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    ‘It was a gift’: French goalie Junca’s birthday was a memorable one despite 10-2 loss to Canadian stars

    February 16, 2026

    A guide to some of the briefs in support of ending birthright citizenship

    February 16, 2026

    Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Jacob Zuma Vows Court Battle To Reclaim ANC Membership — Eyes MK And ANC Merger

    By Anjianjei ConstantineFebruary 16, 2026

    Former president Jacob Zuma has declared he is prepared to take legal action to reclaim…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    ‘It was a gift’: French goalie Junca’s birthday was a memorable one despite 10-2 loss to Canadian stars

    February 16, 2026

    39th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union Concludes in Addis Ababa

    February 16, 2026

    Griquas accept Currie Cup reality

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Jacob Zuma Vows Court Battle To Reclaim ANC Membership — Eyes MK And ANC Merger

    February 16, 2026

    ‘It was a gift’: French goalie Junca’s birthday was a memorable one despite 10-2 loss to Canadian stars

    February 16, 2026

    39th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union Concludes in Addis Ababa

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Jacob Zuma Vows Court Battle To Reclaim ANC Membership — Eyes MK And ANC Merger

    February 16, 2026

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.