Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Andrew Baker appointed as Capitec CIO

    February 16, 2026

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Monday, February 16
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»World News»US-Palestinian teen freed after nine months in Israeli jail
    World News

    US-Palestinian teen freed after nine months in Israeli jail

    Olive MetugeBy Olive MetugeNovember 27, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    US-Palestinian teen freed after nine months in Israeli jail
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    A Palestinian-American teenager who spent nine months in Israeli detention without charge has been freed.

    Mohammed Ibrahim was 15 when he was arrested in February in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, where he was visiting on holiday from Florida, for allegedly throwing stones at Jewish settlers, which he previously denied.

    The US state department said it welcomed the news of Mohammed’s release.

    The BBC has contacted the Israeli authorities but has not received a reply.

    Mohammed, now 16, was taken to hospital for treatment immediately after release, relatives told the media. They said he is, pale, underweight and is suffering from conditions contracted in captivity.

    In a statement, Mohammed’s uncle spoke of the family’s “immense relief”. Zeyad Kadur said the family had been “living a horrific and endless nightmare” over the last nine months.

    “Right now, we are focused on getting Mohammed the immediate medical attention he needs after being subjected to Israel’s abuse and inhumane conditions for months. We just want Mohammed to be healthy and to have his childhood back,” he said.

    “Israeli soldiers had no right to take Mohammed from us in the first place,” he added.

    The state department said it would continue to provide consular support to Mohammed’s family. “The Trump Administration has no higher priority than the safety and security of US citizens,” it added.

    Earlier this week Mohammed’s father Zahar Ibrahim told the BBC he was frustrated that the US government was not doing more to get his son out of jail.

    Twenty-seven US lawmakers had signed a letter to the state department and President Donald Trump, demanding more be done to release him.

    Mr Ibrahim, a father-of-four who runs an ice cream business in Florida, previously said his son only confessed to throwing stones because the soldiers beat him.

    He had not seen or spoken to Mohammed since February, and only heard what had happened to him in detention through court documents.

    Mohammed was held without charge in Ofer prison on the West Bank. It is also home to adult prisoners, some of whom have been convicted of serious terrorism offences and murder.

    There are around 350 Palestinian child security detainees being held in Israeli jails, according to the Israeli Prison Service.

    Many have never been charged and human rights groups, as well as the United Nations, say some have suffered abuse and torture.

    Following Mohammed’s release, Mr Kadur said the family would also continue fighting for justice for his cousin Sayfollah Musallet, a 20-year-old dual US citizen who the Palestinian health ministry said was beaten to death by Israeli settlers during a confrontation in July.

    At the time the Israeli military said authorities were looking into reports a Palestinian civilian had been killed.

    Mohammed and Sayfollah had worked together in the family ice cream shop in Tampa, Florida. No one has been charged with Sayfollah’s killing.

    “We expect the American government to protect our families,” Mr Kadur said.



    Source link

    Post Views: 40
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Olive Metuge

    Related Posts

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Italian town holds historic street battle

    February 16, 2026

    Obama clarifies comments on aliens being real, says he saw ‘no evidence’ they’ve made contact

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Who is Duma Boko, Botswana’s new President?

    November 6, 2024

    Kamto Not Qualified for 2025 Presidential Elections on Technicality Reasons, Despite Declaration of Candidacy

    January 18, 2025

    As African Leaders Gather in Addis Ababa to Pick a New Chairperson, They are Reminded That it is Time For a Leadership That Represents True Pan-Africanism

    January 19, 2025

    BREAKING NEWS: Tapang Ivo Files Federal Lawsuit Against Nsahlai Law Firm for Defamation, Seeks $100K in Damages

    March 14, 2025
    Don't Miss

    Andrew Baker appointed as Capitec CIO

    By Chris AnuFebruary 16, 2026

    Capitec CIO Andrew Baker. Capitec has appointed Andrew Baker as chief information officer (CIO). In a…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026

    Wildlife encounters you can stumble upon while exploring

    February 16, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Andrew Baker appointed as Capitec CIO

    February 16, 2026

    Must-try new restaurants that have opened in Dubai in 2026

    February 16, 2026

    Bok Women Sevens Set Sights on HSBC SVNS Top Tier after Dominant Performance in Nairobi

    February 16, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.