Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Tech gives traffickers a devastating new weapon

    February 21, 2026

    A breakdown of the court’s tariff decision

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup: Three games to save Brendon McCullum’s job? No excuses if England fail again in Super 8s

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Saturday, February 21
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Lucas Paqueta: West Ham midfielder warned by FA but avoids added punishment for dissent after red card
    Sports

    Lucas Paqueta: West Ham midfielder warned by FA but avoids added punishment for dissent after red card

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeDecember 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Lucas Paqueta: West Ham midfielder warned by FA but avoids added punishment for dissent after red card
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    West Ham midfielder Lucas Paqueta has been warned about his behaviour but will avoid an extended ban from the Football Association for his reaction to being sent off against Liverpool.

    The 28-year-old was shown two yellow cards in quick succession for dissent by referee Darren England during West Ham’s 2-0 home defeat on Sunday. The punishment was imposed for persistently arguing over a decision to award a foul against his team.

    Before leaving the field, the Brazilian continued to argue with officials and sarcastically applauded England’s decision.

    “As guidance, we’ve issued West Ham United’s Lucas Paqueta with a warning and reminder of his responsibilities for the on-field incident that followed his red card at the Premier League fixture against Liverpool on Sunday, 30 November,” said the FA.

    Paqueta will serve a ban for his dismissal, ruling him out of Thursday’s game at Manchester United, but the FA said it “won’t be taking any further action”.

    After the defeat at Anfield, Paqueta said his actions were a “reflection of everything I have had to endure” – a reference to an investigation into spot-fixing charges which was brought against him by the FA in 2024.

    Paqueta was cleared of the charges by an independent regulatory commission in July this year.

    He had been charged in May 2024 for allegedly getting booked deliberately “for the improper purpose of affecting the betting market”.

    Paqueta was facing a lifetime ban from football had he been found guilty, but the regulatory commission found the four charges against him to be “not proven”.

    He was reprimanded and warned about his future conduct after failing to comply with the investigation.

    Paqueta was only returning from a one-match suspension on Sunday after accumulating five yellow cards in the league – meaning he sat out the 2-2 draw against Bournemouth.

    After the defeat by Liverpool, West Ham manager Nuno Espirito Santo said Paqueta continued to be affected by the investigation and charges, despite being cleared.

    “I think it [the investigation] is affecting him, but he is willing to move forward, to try and put this aside and continue to play football in the way that he does,” Nuno said.

    When Paqueta was cleared of the charges, his lawyer told the BBC the player was “very emotional and very delighted” and has “an enormous weight off his chest”.

    Paqueta’s wife has previously said they had “been living this nightmare for two years”.



    Source link

    Post Views: 46
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    T20 World Cup: Three games to save Brendon McCullum’s job? No excuses if England fail again in Super 8s

    February 21, 2026

    Business Analyst Mbali Makhubo Builds a Content Creator Legacy in Storytelling

    February 21, 2026

    Scotland wing praises Rassie’s high-risk approach

    February 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024

    Tinubu Sacks Five Ministers, Reassigns Ten, Appoints Seven New Ones

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    Tech gives traffickers a devastating new weapon

    By Chris AnuFebruary 21, 2026

    Women and children are the most vulnerable to trafficking. (Graphic by Nicola Mawson, using GenAI…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    A breakdown of the court’s tariff decision

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup: Three games to save Brendon McCullum’s job? No excuses if England fail again in Super 8s

    February 21, 2026

    Entertainment Week Africa Hosts Creative Connect During Grammys Weekend

    February 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Tech gives traffickers a devastating new weapon

    February 21, 2026

    A breakdown of the court’s tariff decision

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup: Three games to save Brendon McCullum’s job? No excuses if England fail again in Super 8s

    February 21, 2026
    Most Popular

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.