Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Friday, February 20
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABSA Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Editorial
    • Environ/Climate
    • More
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • Politics
      • Culture
      • Travel
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • AfroSingles
    • Donate
    ABSLive
    ABSA Africa TV
    Home»Sports»Trump to set refugee centres in Pretoria for white Afrikaners
    Sports

    Trump to set refugee centres in Pretoria for white Afrikaners

    Prudence MakogeBy Prudence MakogeMarch 31, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Trump to set refugee centres in Pretoria for white Afrikaners
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    The office of US President Donald Trump has reportedly launched an initiative to convert small office spaces in Pretoria into refugee centers for thousands of white Afrikaners.

    In February, Trump stated that Afrikaners could be admitted as refugees in the U.S. because they are “victims of unjust racial discrimination.” This statement followed the South African government’s implementation of the Expropriation Bill.

    According to The New York Times, the initiative, called Mission South Africa, aims to assist Afrikaners in entering the US as refugees. The program, which is being rolled out in phases, has reviewed over 8,200 resettlement requests and identified 100 Afrikaners for potential refugee status, as reported by IOL.

    Afrikaners seeking refugee status close to 70 000

    The administration has reportedly also provided security escorts to officials conducting the interviews of potential refugees.

    “US officials stationed in South Africa are expected to present long-term strategies aimed at ensuring the effective implementation of the president’s vision for the dignified resettlement of eligible Afrikaner applicants by mid-April.

    “This was outlined in a memo sent from the US Embassy in Pretoria to the State Department in Washington earlier this month,” IOL reported

    The South African Chamber of Commerce in the US announced that 67 042 people have registered on Saccusa’s website as they seek to take Trump’s offer. Canadian immigration consultant Nicholas Avramis, however said Afrikaners who seek refugee status in another country must be mindful that their decision could have long-term implications.

    No further details have been provided on how many applicants have been made by end of March.

    Are you among the nearly 70 000 to have expressed interest in relocating?

    Let us know by leaving a comment below, or send a WhatsApp to 060 011 0211.

    Subscribe to The South African website’s newsletters and follow us on WhatsApp, Facebook, X and Bluesky for the latest news.





    Source link

    Post Views: 31
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prudence Makoge
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026

    Premier League: Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner says ‘I’m not good enough’ after recent poor form

    February 20, 2026

    Siphokazi Malinga is Intentional about Shifting the Narrative for Women’s Sport in South Africa

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024

    Ritual Goes Wrong: Man Dies After Father, Native Doctor Put Him in CoffinBy

    October 23, 2024
    Don't Miss

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    By Olive MetugeFebruary 20, 2026

    Reporting Highlights No Required Reporting: South Carolina doesn’t require hospitals to report when they admit…

    Your Poster Your Poster

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026

    A New Approach To Resource Management Maximizes Profits For African Countries

    February 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Sign up and get the latest breaking ABS Africa news before others get it.

    About Us
    About Us

    ABS TV, the first pan-African news channel broadcasting 24/7 from the diaspora, is a groundbreaking platform that bridges Africa with the rest of the world.

    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Address: 9894 Bissonette St, Houston TX. USA, 77036
    Contact: +1346-504-3666

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Fimi Drops “Superstarr” and Puts Her Dreams on Full Display

    February 20, 2026

    Irish giants Munster sign Bok hooker

    February 20, 2026
    Most Popular

    Why South Carolina Hospitals Have Reported Few Measles-Related Admissions Despite Growing Outbreak — ProPublica

    February 20, 2026

    Did Paul Biya Actually Return to Cameroon on Monday? The Suspicion Behind the Footage

    October 23, 2024

    Surrender 1.9B CFA and Get Your D.O’: Pirates Tell Cameroon Gov’t

    October 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    © 2026 Absa Africa TV. All right reserved by absafricatv.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.