Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Wednesday, August 19
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABS Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Trending
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Features
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • More
      • Culture
      • Lifestyle
      • Travel
      • Business
      • Environment
      • Legal
      • Health
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • AfroSingles
      • Environ/Climate
      • Editorial
      • The Leak Magazine
    • Donate
    Subscription
    ABS Africa TV
    Home»Features»Kenya steps up plans for Sh2.2 trillion East Africa oil refinery
    Features

    Kenya steps up plans for Sh2.2 trillion East Africa oil refinery

    Billy JohnsonBy Billy JohnsonJuly 29, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Kenya steps up plans for Sh2.2 trillion East Africa oil refinery
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    <img src="https://cms.eu-central-1.linodeobjects.com/image/2026/07/0e526925-1b18-4c49-b47d-21b16d527d88.webp” alt=”” loading=”lazy”>

    Deputy President Kithure Kindiki (left) with Energy Cabinet Secretary Opiyo Wandayi and Investment Promotion Principal Secretary Abubakar Hassan during the meeting on July 28,2026/DPCS

    ‎The government has stepped up efforts to fast-track the establishment of the proposed Sh2.2 trillion East Africa oil refinery, with Deputy President Kithure Kindiki saying Kenya is working closely with East African Community (EAC) partners to build consensus on the project’s location.

    ‎Speaking after a high-level meeting at his office in Nairobi Tuesday, Kindiki said the government was committed to creating the legal, regulatory and administrative framework required to pave the way for the multi-trillion-shilling investment proposed by Nigerian businessman Aliko Dangote.

    ‎”Kenya is keen and is engaging regional partners for consensus on that facility being hosted in this region. It will create jobs and cushion our economy and the region from economic shocks caused by sharp rises in oil prices, such as those recently witnessed following the closure of the Strait of Hormuz,” Kindiki said.

    The DP chaired a meeting bringing together key ministries, departments and agencies to review progress on preparations for the refinery, which is expected to rank among the largest in the world once completed.

    ‎The meeting was attended by Cabinet Secretaries John Mbadi (Treasury), Davis Chirchir (Roads), Opiyo Wandayi (Energy), Alice Wahome (Lands), Principal Secretaries and other senior government officials.

    ‎Kindiki said Lamu has emerged as the leading potential site for the refinery, although feasibility studies are underway to determine whether it is suitable for the project.

    ‎”We are hoping that the feasibility work will be completed quickly and that all stakeholders will buy into the project so that we can move forward. It will create jobs, establish a petrochemical hub for the region, cushion our economies from oil price shocks and support our industrialisation agenda,” he said.

    ‎President William Ruto has tasked the Deputy President with coordinating the government’s engagement with investors and other stakeholders ahead of the project’s implementation.

    ‎Kindiki said ministries and government agencies had already been assigned specific responsibilities and urged them to expedite their work as the feasibility studies continue.

    ‎”This is work in progress and all Ministries, Departments and Agencies are fully aware of their responsibilities. As the feasibility process continues, we will continue providing updates on the progress made,” he said.

    ‎He also called for patience from stakeholders, saying the government would continue holding consultations to ensure transparency and address concerns before construction begins.

    ‎According to the Deputy President, the refinery is a regional undertaking that requires careful coordination because it involves multiple East African countries as well as international investors.

    ‎”This is not entirely a Kenyan project. It is an international project involving regional partners and foreign investors. It is a sensitive and delicate undertaking, but one that is critical for Kenya and the wider region,” Kindiki said.

    Deputy President Kithure Kindiki with other officials during the meeting in Nairobi on July 28,2026/DPCS

    Lamu Governor Issa Timamy with other officials during the meeting on July 28,2027/DPCS

    Investment Promotion Principal Secretary Abubakar Hassan (left) with other leaders during the meeting on July 28,2026/DPCS

    Post Views: 28

    KENYA plans Sh22 steps trillion
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Billy Johnson
    • Website

    Related Posts

    West African countries pledge stronger response to epidemics

    August 19, 2026

    African Hockey Federation-India prove too strong as South Africa fall in World Cup Pool D clash

    August 18, 2026

    EU provides €2.3 million in emergency humanitarian funding to curb cholera outbreak in West and Central Africa

    August 17, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Search
    Latest Post

    South Africa launches ETA to attract more international tourists

    August 19, 2026

    Carbon pollution has fuelled ‘massive expansion’ of marine heatwaves in Europe, study finds

    August 19, 2026

    Reliance & Rolls-Royce Pitch Engine Deal for India’s AMCA

    August 19, 2026

    West African countries pledge stronger response to epidemics

    August 19, 2026

    Chidimma Adetshina immigration case: Court postpone judgement on weda Chidimma Adetshina fit remain for South Africa

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    ABS TV and ABS Network News is a leading Pan-African 24/7 broadcasting network delivering nonstop news, talk shows, lifestyle programs, and digital media content worldwide through Satellite, Streaming Platforms, and Roku TV.
     
    Based in the United States, we connect Africa to the world while empowering creators, journalists, and brands through innovative media and broadcasting services.
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram

    Our Picks

    Travel

    South Africa launches ETA to attract more international tourists

    Carbon pollution has fuelled ‘massive expansion’ of marine heatwaves in Europe, study finds

    Africa News

    Reliance & Rolls-Royce Pitch Engine Deal for India’s AMCA

    Most Popular

    Features

    West African countries pledge stronger response to epidemics

    Trending

    Chidimma Adetshina immigration case: Court postpone judgement on weda Chidimma Adetshina fit remain for South Africa

    Breaking News

    Helicopter Reportedly Crashes Close To Mt.Ololokwe In Samburu

    © 2026 Copyright. All Rights Reserved by ABSAFRICATV
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Services

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.