Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Tuesday, August 18
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABS Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Trending
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Features
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • More
      • Culture
      • Lifestyle
      • Travel
      • Business
      • Environment
      • Legal
      • Health
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • AfroSingles
      • Environ/Climate
      • Editorial
      • The Leak Magazine
    • Donate
    Subscription
    ABS Africa TV
    Home»Health»WHO chief says Ebola outbreak in DR Congo remains ‘public health emergency of international concern’
    Health

    WHO chief says Ebola outbreak in DR Congo remains ‘public health emergency of international concern’

    Justus AkaminBy Justus AkaminAugust 18, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    WHO chief says Ebola outbreak in DR Congo remains 'public health emergency of international concern'
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    ‘Updated recommendations to the government of DRC and other countries at risk will be issued in the coming days,’ says Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
    Burak Bir, Necva Taştan Sevinç
    18 August 2026•Update: 18 August 2026
    LONDON

    The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organization chief said Tuesday.

    “The (Ebola) outbreak in (Congo) remains a public health emergency of international concern, following the advice of today’s WHO Emergency Committee meeting,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus wrote on US social media company X.

    Tedros called on governments and partners to work together to further scale up efforts and raise the re

    “Updated recommendations to the government of DRC and other countries at risk will be issued in the coming days,” he added.

    Earlier Tuesday, the WHO said the Ebola outbreak in Congo killed 2,325 people, the highest death toll from the disease ever recorded in the African nation.

    The number of confirmed cases has surpassed 5,000, while the fatality rate has reached 46%, WHO Incident Manager Thierno Balde told reporters in Geneva

    Congo declared the Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak on May 15. There is currently no vaccine or approved treatment for the strain.

    The outbreak had already been declared a public health emergency of international concern.

    The International Health Regulations Emergency Committee was due to meet Tuesday to assess the current risk level and issue recommendations to countries.

    *Necva Tastan Sevinc contributed to this report

    Post Views: 27

    chief Congo Ebola Outbreak Says
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Justus Akamin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Accelerating Clinical Trial Approvals Across Africa – Global Health Otherwise

    August 17, 2026

    Reimagining Healthcare And Agriculture On The Continent Using AI

    August 17, 2026

    Libya Explores Joining African Pooled Purchasing Mechanism

    August 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Search
    Latest Post

    How slavery reparations could help make yearning to return to Africa a reality

    August 18, 2026

    NASA

    August 18, 2026

    India’s Su-30MKI fleet gets new eyes with indigenous Virupaksha AESA radar

    August 18, 2026

    African Hockey Federation-India prove too strong as South Africa fall in World Cup Pool D clash

    August 18, 2026

    A region-specific soil health assessment protocol and evaluation for Sub-Saharan Africa

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    ABS TV and ABS Network News is a leading Pan-African 24/7 broadcasting network delivering nonstop news, talk shows, lifestyle programs, and digital media content worldwide through Satellite, Streaming Platforms, and Roku TV.
     
    Based in the United States, we connect Africa to the world while empowering creators, journalists, and brands through innovative media and broadcasting services.
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram

    Our Picks

    How slavery reparations could help make yearning to return to Africa a reality

    World News

    NASA

    Africa News

    India’s Su-30MKI fleet gets new eyes with indigenous Virupaksha AESA radar

    Most Popular

    Features

    African Hockey Federation-India prove too strong as South Africa fall in World Cup Pool D clash

    Trending

    A region-specific soil health assessment protocol and evaluation for Sub-Saharan Africa

    Breaking News

    Let’s Do It Right!

    © 2026 Copyright. All Rights Reserved by ABSAFRICATV
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Services

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.