Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms Of Service
    • Advertisement
    Saturday, August 22
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    ABS Africa TV
    • Breaking News
    • Trending
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • Features
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Politics
    • More
      • Culture
      • Lifestyle
      • Travel
      • Business
      • Environment
      • Legal
      • Health
      • Cameroon
      • Ambazonia
      • AfroSingles
      • Environ/Climate
      • Editorial
      • The Leak Magazine
    • Donate
    Subscription
    ABS Africa TV
    Home»Africa News»Trump administration bans new Chinese humanoid robots
    Africa News

    Trump administration bans new Chinese humanoid robots

    Chris AnuBy Chris AnuJuly 29, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Trump administration bans new Chinese humanoid robots
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    VCG via Getty Images A row of humanoid robots are on display after rolling off the production line at a production facility in China
    VCG via Getty Images
    China is the biggest maker of humanoid robots in the world

    The Trump administration on Tuesday announced a ban on new foreign-made humanoid robot imports to the US over “unacceptable risks” to America’s national security.

    The move applies to advanced robots – including humanoid and four-legged machines. Many of them are made in China, which is competing with the US to develop robotics and artificial intelligence (AI).

    The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) also banned imports of power inverters – devices used in data centres and solar panels – which it said could also pose a risk to the US economy.

    The Chinese embassy in Washington said Beijing has long opposed the US’ “politicising” of trade issues and sanctions based on “groundless pretexts”.

    FCC chairman Brendan Carr said the agency was doing its part “to secure America’s critical supply chains”.

    The FCC has added the items to its Covered List – a register of goods and services that are deemed a risk to US national security.

    The ban applies to new foreign-produced advanced robotic devices and power inverters and does not prevent the sale or import of any existing models that had been previously authorised by the FCC.

    The FCC cited concerns that the use of foreign-made inverters could allow overseas firms to turn them off, steal data, facilitate remote access and surveillance by “foreign government actors, or be otherwise exploited through a cyberattack.”

    It added that the use of robots made outside the US could allow “malign actors to surveil Americans, enhance the capabilities of foreign intelligence services, or to remotely commandeer the robots.”

    The Chinese embassy in Washington also said Beijing will “take all necessary measures” in response to any moves that harm its interests, urging all countries to work together to develop AI “for the positive and for good”.

    It called on the US to “abandon its hegemonic mindset, and stop smearing Chinese companies and threatening them with sanctions.”

    The BBC has contacted major Chinese robot manufacturers Unitree, UBTech and AgiBot for comment.

    Could humanoid robots be heading for the battlefield?

    Robots available for rent: But what can they do?

    China’s exports have come under intense scrutiny by the US as the Trump administration attempts to address trade imbalances with the world’s second largest economy.

    Despite being the world’s biggest exporter of electric vehicles, China has been effectively shut out of the American market by a steep tariff.

    Washington has also blocked the sale of cutting-edge US semiconductors to China in a bid to protect national security, slow Beijing’s military modernisation and maintain America’s lead in AI.

    US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent has also warned that Chinese AI firms could face sanctions over allegations that they have stolen American intellectual property.

    In response the Chinese government has said its country’s development of AI was “the result of its own dedication and effort as well as international cooperation”.

    The US will be keen to avoid a repeat of the squeeze on supply chains that was triggered last year when China tightened export controls on rare earths – critical for electronics.

    Chinese technology firms have rapidly developed humanoid robots to be used in settings including factories and homes.

    Companies have also been quick to market their machines to businesses and the public ahead of US humanoid robot rivals like Elon Musk’s Tesla and Boston Dynamics.

    A banner displaying the BBC News World Service's Asia Specific podcast logo
    Podcast: China’s humanoid robot boom

    International business
    Technology
    Artificial intelligence
    China

    Post Views: 31

    administration bans Chinese humanoid Trump
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Chris Anu
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Portugal qualify for Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Qualifier | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Sub Regional Qualifier C, 2026

    August 21, 2026

    Unions sue over visa restrictions, including those affecting journalists / IFJ

    August 20, 2026

    Reliance & Rolls-Royce Pitch Engine Deal for India’s AMCA

    August 19, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Search
    Latest Post

    MPs opposes proposed merger of Tourism Research Institute and Kenya Tourism Board

    August 21, 2026

    US Troop Withdrawal from Europe: A Blessing in Disguise?

    August 21, 2026

    Portugal qualify for Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Qualifier | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Sub Regional Qualifier C, 2026

    August 21, 2026

    Muslim World League launches counter

    August 21, 2026

    Rabada suffers hamstring injury ahead of South Africas busy home season

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    ABS TV and ABS Network News is a leading Pan-African 24/7 broadcasting network delivering nonstop news, talk shows, lifestyle programs, and digital media content worldwide through Satellite, Streaming Platforms, and Roku TV.
     
    Based in the United States, we connect Africa to the world while empowering creators, journalists, and brands through innovative media and broadcasting services.
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram

    Our Picks

    Travel

    MPs opposes proposed merger of Tourism Research Institute and Kenya Tourism Board

    World News

    US Troop Withdrawal from Europe: A Blessing in Disguise?

    Africa News

    Portugal qualify for Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Qualifier | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Sub Regional Qualifier C, 2026

    Most Popular

    Features

    Muslim World League launches counter

    Trending

    Rabada suffers hamstring injury ahead of South Africas busy home season

    Breaking News

    How Africa’s Airport Boom Is Gaining Altitude

    © 2026 Copyright. All Rights Reserved by ABSAFRICATV
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Services

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.